IF YOU ARE A NERVOUS PATIENT PLEASE TALK TO US – WE CAN HELP
Many patients feel self-conscious about dental treatment and nervous about visiting the dentist. At Hermitage Clinic we offer special care to our anxious patients through the use of sedation to make their appointments more comfortable and relaxing.
Our team of dentists and nurses are specially trained to deliver these types of sedation and will make sure you are always safe and comfortable during your visit. Conscious sedation is a technique that is designed to relax you during your dental procedures.
What Is Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry uses sedatives to help patients relax during dental procedures. So, what happens during dental sedation?
At Hermitage Clinic, we offer:
- Oral sedation: You will normally be given a pill or a drink about an hour before your appointment to relax you help you relax for your dental treatment. This will make you drowsy but still awake.
- Intravenous or IV sedation: This is where the sedative is administered in a controlled manner through a vein, so it goes to work more quickly and you feel relaxed during the dental treatment. You remain awake and aware while receiving the sedation, but you will experience a deep sensation of peace and relaxation, while the team work on your teeth.
Are you a Candidate for Dental Sedation?
Yes, if you have any of the following:
- Fear of dental treatment.
- Dental Phobia – Specific phobias e.g- General dental, needle, drill etc.
- Fear of panic attacks/choking.
- Having Dental Implant treatment/prolonged surgical treatment e.g wisdom tooth removal.
- Sensitive or strong gag reflex.
- History of traumatic dental experiences.
- If you hate the noises, smells, and tastes associated with dental care.
- Experience sweaty palms or find yourself gripping the armrests.
I had a lot of dental work completed here in August. I wanted to replace two crowns and I also had a cavity. Dr. Ahmed listened to my concerns (and fears) and was very patient with me. He was very gentle and I left my multiple appointments pain free and pleased with his work. I had also created a scheduling conflict with travel plans and the completion of my dental work. Dr. Ahmed managed to squeeze me in before traveling despite it being my error. I am so thankful to all the care I received here. I highly recommend them.
I couldn’t recommend Dr Ahmed highly enough – he’s been my dentist for over 4 years. I used to be extremely anxious about going to the dentist but Dr Ahmed is just so patient and calm. He’s also a great dentist – I’ve never felt pressured or uncomfortable (and I’ve got a low pain threshold!).
Contact us today if you are worried about visiting the dentist or if you want more information about dental sedation: 020 7481 2999