Implant Supported Dentures
A STABLE AND SECURE ALTERNATIVE TO TRADITIONAL DENTURES
If you have loose or ill-fitting dentures, your ability to eat and speak may become affected. Patients with loose dentures often come to see us and explain how uncomfortable and embarrassed they feel when their dentures move in their mouth while eating or speaking.
Covering the mouth and avoiding social situations has become a habit for many patients who suffer from this problem. For most people traditional dentures are no longer considered a long term solution to their missing teeth as it can have a big impact on their confidence. Implant supported dentures can be a solution.
Fix your loose denture problems
Dentures become loose for many different reasons. Perhaps the most common we see at our practice is when the gum and bone shrinks away.
Problems with loose dentures include:
- Soreness and irritation
- Food trapping under the loose denture
- Chewing and Stomach problems
- Changes to your facial features
Implant supported dentures are a good option for patients who suffer from loose denture problems. They offer the patient a more stable and secure alternative to traditional dentures, boose confidence, give more freedom to eat all kinds of foods, and can also help maintain the facial structure which in turn can help keep us looking younger for longer.
WHAT ARE IMPLANT SUPPORTED DENTURES?
Due to advances in dentistry, there is now a procedure whereby your denture can be fixed to your jaw with dental implants. This treatment, known as implant overdentures or denture stabilisation, offers patients with dentures a more permanent solution and can improve your quality of life significantly.
- You will be able to enjoy your favourite foods again and feel comfortable smiling, safe in the knowledge that your dentures are stable.
- Some of the other benefits that you will enjoy with this type of treatment are a natural looking smile, improved confidence and less irritation of your gums.
- As part of this treatment, you will require surgery to have the implants placed into your jaw. Once they have had time to integrate with the bone and surrounding tissues, your dentures are placed on top of the implants through a range of special fixtures. This means your dentures can still be removed for cleaning but will stay put once in place.
- It can take a while to get used to your new dentures, but modern dentures are more comfortable and natural looking than ever.
If you’re ready to book your consultation, or have any other denture related questions, talk to our team today on 020 7481 2999 or pop in and see us at Hermitage Clinic in Wapping